Maybe you will encounter a bathroom faucet manufacturers that use low-quality faucets as high-quality faucets, and we are surprised by such a bad impression made by some faucet suppliers. We have an Indian customer who encountered such a situation: the products of the model and trial order are high-quality faucets, but after placing a large order, the goods received are inferior quality faucets. This leads to a very high complaint rate for this batch of goods, not only the high cost of handling after-sales but also the company’s brand reputation.
As a buyer, are you worried about this? Today, let me tell you how to distinguish high-quality faucets.
What are the hazards of inferior faucets?
For ordinary consumers
- 1. The faucet made of inferior copper and zinc alloys has a large amount of harmful heavy metals, and long-term exposure will affect the health of the body
- 2. Zinc alloy is easy to be oxidized. After being used for a period of time, the inside is easy to corrode. At the same time, the zinc alloy is relatively brittle, and the zinc alloy is extremely easy to burst in winter.
- 1. Seriously affect the brand image
- 2. After-sales costs have increased greatly
In SPARK’s opinion, the practice of using inferior faucets as high-quality faucets is not understood. We are committed to long-term cooperation and focus on the maintenance of quality and cooperation. However, the market benefits of inferior faucets cannot be completely denied. There are indeed many areas that need such faucets. Therefore, buyers and consumers need to distinguish the quality of the faucet to avoid being deceived.
Five key points determine the quality of a faucet:
Material, Cartridge, Aerator, Chrome Plating Process, Flexible hose
High-quality faucet material: selected 59 copper and low lead copper
- Copper is currently the best material for faucet manufacturing, and almost all mainstream brands on the market are copper faucets. The main components of a copper faucet are copper and zinc, commonly known as brass. A small amount of lead needs to be added during the production of copper ingots or rods to improve the cutting performance of brass. If the faucet is completely lead-free, it will not only have difficulties in cutting and poor casting and forging performance, but even if it is made into a finished product, it will also cause cracking due to poor stress corrosion resistance.
Inferior faucet material: inferior copper and zinc alloy
- Faucet products made of inferior materials are prone to cracks, trachoma, and other defects. The plating layer is prone to pitting, blistering, and poor adhesion to the coating. The appearance of the coating is severely corroded or even the coating falls off after a period of time, which affects the taste of the overall decoration and the user’s mood.
(2) Ceramic Cartridge
High-quality Ceramic Cartridge:
- It has the advantages of high-temperature resistance, chemical corrosion resistance, wear resistance, high mechanical strength and good lubricating properties. The opening and closing feel comfortable and smooth. It can still be operated smoothly and labor-saving after more than 500,000 switching operations, and it is durable to use.
Low-quality Ceramic Cartridge:
- The opening and closing feel are poor, not smooth, or very light, and after using for a period of time, the valve core is prone to leak and cannot be closed tightly.
- The high-quality Aerator can make the flowing water and air fully mixed to produce a foaming effect. The amount of water is abundant, the Aerator is rich and delicate, the touch of the water is very soft and comfortable, and it does not splash. At the same time, it will increase the scouring force, thereby reducing water consumption. The Aerator can effectively save water by about 30% or even higher. There is almost no water noise.
- The water discharge effect is messy, stinging, and unable to achieve the soft effect of air mixing, which causes the user to frequently splash the water “wet body”, and wastewater, and at the same time, the noise is large when the water is discharged. After using it for a period of time, it even broke.
(4) Chrome plating
High-quality chrome plating:
- High-quality faucets are generally nickel-plated and chrome-plated. The thickness of nickel is above 8um, and the thickness of chromium is generally 0.2~0.3um. The nickel layer acts as an anti-corrosion effect, and the chromium layer acts as a hardening surface while increasing brightness.
- Of course, except for the electroplating process, the faucet itself uses copper and casting technology is the basis. The electroplating performance required by the national standard is 9 levels of 24 hours through salt spray, which is the dividing line between high-quality faucets and market goods faucets.
Inferior chrome plating:
- The thickness of the faucet produced by some faucet manufacturers pursuing low cost is only 3-4um, which is very prone to surface oxidation corrosion, blistering of the coating, and the whole coating falling off.
(5) Flexible hose
So what kind of Flexible hose is good?
- 1) Inner tube material: EPX material directly meets international drinking water standards, can withstand high temperature, explosion-proof, and pressure resistance, and is non-toxic and tasteless, with a service life of up to thirty years and tasteless. It is safer and more reliable than PVC and ordinary glue on the market. PVC is not resistant to high temperatures, and it releases toxic substances at high temperatures, so it is only suitable for cold water pipes. Ordinary adhesives are often poor in high-temperature resistance and contain various toxic substances, and are prone to aging and have a short service life. So when you choose the hose, smell it, the smaller the better.
- 2)The material of the outer tube: the high-quality faucet uses 304 or at least 301 stainless steel wire. The braided stainless steel wire has better strength, longer life, and higher cost.
- 3) The nut material: high-quality faucet uses copper and 304 stainless steel. Sturdy and durable, not easy to corrode
- 4)The material of the joint: the material of the joint is preferably copper or stainless steel, which is durable and not easy to corrode.
In short, high-quality faucets are very strict in terms of raw materials, production processes, equipment control, parts selection, assembly production, production and shipment inspection.
SPARK Sanitary Ware CO., LTD is a professional bathroom faucet manufacturer, The accessories of our faucet are as follows：